Blogs > Ann DeMatteo's Why Us?

Since my breast cancer diagnosis on June 9, 2008, I have spent a fairly decent amount of time wondering "why me?" I would like to hear from you about your cancer stories. Let's create a dialogue of learning, sharing and hope.



Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Hi Folks,
Sorry I haven't blogged lately. I was quite busy in the days leading up to my surgery and I must confess, I forgot my password. I had to concentrate for more than a second to figure it out!
My surgery on Dec. 30 went well. The doctor removed two pieces of breast tissue and some lymph nodes that appeared abnormal. I spent the days and weeks before surgery praying I was healed and hope that the prayers worked. I see the doctor Tuesday and hope to learn the results of the pathology report at that time.
The surgical area doesn't hurt...the place where the drain is pinches a little bit. People who have this kind of surgery have to receive a drain that removes blood and other fluids from the body. It's getting less bloody.
Upon my return from the hospital, my home email mailbox was filled to capacity so I couldn't receive more emails. Among the emails were several that announced the unexpected passing of a sorority sister's husband at age 62. He died of a massive heart attack. That means Sheila and her kids will have to start the New Year without their husband and father. I am so sorry for their loss in this oh so precious life.

5 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

Hi Ann,
Good to see you back here in the blogosphere.
;-)

January 5, 2009 at 12:06 PM 
Blogger Pink Too said...

Hi Ann,
It is good to hear that your surgery went well. Hopefully the pathology report will be good, too. I wish you a happy and healthy new year for 2009, and hope to keep reading your articles and blog. They are both very helpful to all of us who are going through the same cancer journey as you. Take care.
Pink Too

January 9, 2009 at 8:14 AM 
Blogger Ann DeMatteo said...

Hi Pink and Patti,
I'm currently upset about the prospect of a mastectomy, but I know that's the way it has to be. I'll be fine with it eventually.
Ann

January 11, 2009 at 1:49 PM 
Blogger Patti said...

Hi Ann,
I just read your column in today's paper. I certainly understand your wanting to make sure before going through with a mastectomy.

That Ode was quite clever! Your sense of humor is inspiring.

Thinking of you ~

January 11, 2009 at 8:43 PM 
Blogger Mike Dusa said...

Hello Ann.

I have been following with interest and admiration your fight against cancer. I congratulate you on your courage and wish you the best.

This is Dr. Mike Dusa, formerly chiropractor in Hamden. I injured my hand badly, after 10 surgeries, I am no better. For now, I can't work.

My office manager, Carol Small, opened Poochie Play, LLC in N Branford.

Its one of only 14 similar doggie daycares in CT.

She offers all day play, boarding, grooming and training.

I know you may not cover N Branford, but I wanted to see if you could directed me to the editor/ writer who does.

I'd like to see if The Register would provide some coverage of this new and promising business venture.

I do thnka you, and God Bless you in regaining your health,

Best

Mike Dusa
mdusa@snet.net
203-484-1987

March 21, 2009 at 2:16 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home