Blogs > Ann DeMatteo's Why Us?

Since my breast cancer diagnosis on June 9, 2008, I have spent a fairly decent amount of time wondering "why me?" I would like to hear from you about your cancer stories. Let's create a dialogue of learning, sharing and hope.



Sunday, October 12, 2008

More musings

Hi Folks,
I thought I'd clarify why I brought up the issue of weight loss in my Oct. 12 column. It's because there is a great connection between fat cells and cancer. If you don't want your cancer to come back then you need to keep the fat away.
I exercised this morning! Went to a workshop on the Lebed Method, a form of mild exercise for breast cancer survivors and those who have lymphedema. More on that in my Oct. 19 column and video.

Toodles!

2 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

I'd never heard of that connection with fat cells.

October 13, 2008 at 5:18 PM 
Blogger Ann DeMatteo said...

Hi Patti,
Yes, obesity is a risk factor with any kind of cancer. That's why I have to drop some poundage after my treatments are over. It's the biggest battle for me.
Ann

October 18, 2008 at 1:03 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home