Blogs > Ann DeMatteo's Why Us?

Since my breast cancer diagnosis on June 9, 2008, I have spent a fairly decent amount of time wondering "why me?" I would like to hear from you about your cancer stories. Let's create a dialogue of learning, sharing and hope.



Monday, November 10, 2008

Plugging along

Hi,
I just wanted to once again thank everyone for all their prayers and thoughts. Not a day goes by that I don't receive a Mass card or have a conversation with someone who tells me they're praying for me or hear about a prayer group that's praying for me. That's totally awesome. I will have a lot to be thankful for on Thanksgiving. My last chemo is Friday and you'll be able to read about it on Nov. 23.
Ann

4 Comments:

Blogger Pink Too said...

Hi Ann,
That's great news for you ending your chemo. I start mine on Monday. I'll get 4 treatments with Taxotere, one every 3 weeks, then start my radiation journey. Even though, thank God, all nodes were negative and no sign of metastases was found I opted to go for the chemo, since my oncologist advised it would be the most prudent think to do in hopes of not having to deal with this again at a later date. So wish me luck, and hopefully I will do well with it. Now the hard part is telling everyone, since they will all know once I start to go bald! Be well and have a great Thanksgiving. I'll be thinking of you.
Pink Too

November 14, 2008 at 9:24 AM 
Blogger Patti said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

November 16, 2008 at 8:03 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

Ann,
Congratulations on finishing your chemo treatments. I have one more left and will finish just before Christmas, when I will be celebrating. Unlike you, I don't have to wonder, "Why Me?" The answer for me is in my genes. But what makes me angry is that whether it's genetic or not, why more focus isn't on prevention? Researchers are beginning to develop vaccines against breast cancer but I have the feeling they're still a long way off.

December 5, 2008 at 9:29 AM 
Blogger Pink Too said...

Hi Ann,
It is Dec. 10, two days after my 2nd chemo. This morning in the shower was the big day for my hair to go south. I said to myself, "well if I was going to cry this would be the day", but I didn't. I will wait a couple of more days before I buzz it off, but I have my wig ready and waiting. What a feeling, huh? Even though I have been expecting it for some time, it still was a weird feeling to see it coming out by the handful. But I feel good otherwise, so that is a blessing. And good insurance coverage which paid for my wig is another blessing. 50 percent done with chemo is a big one, too. Well, take care.
Pink Too

December 10, 2008 at 8:16 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home