Blogs > Ann DeMatteo's Why Us?

Since my breast cancer diagnosis on June 9, 2008, I have spent a fairly decent amount of time wondering "why me?" I would like to hear from you about your cancer stories. Let's create a dialogue of learning, sharing and hope.



Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring/Lent

Folks,
I've been so bogged down with work for the Register and for the Miss Connecticut Scholarship Program, my volunteer organization, that I haven't had time to check in. Actually, I think that I just can't do as much any more. My mother tells me to slow down...AAAAAHHHH!! No time for that!
Anyhow, I started radiation a week and a half ago. My NuBoob skin is already pink. I did an interview for my column the other day and that woman's breast was brownish-red. Guess I have that to look forward to. So far, radiation isn't that bad but you have to go each weekday. It's a constant reminder that you have cancer.
Chat soon,
Ann

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann,

Hope all is well with you, still trying to move along. let e know when you would like to do a story on Esophageal Cancer. People still not talkig about it. Good Morning America, finally did a story a good one now we need primetime. My families suffering can not be for no reason.

Maggie- EC fighter

April 14, 2009 at 11:12 AM 
Blogger Julie said...

Hi Ann,

I'm Julie, a survivor, single mother of two. I think it's great that your blogging. My sister lives in New Haven and shared your link with me. I did a blog while I was fighting, http://julie-prettyinpink.blogspot.com because I found that I couldn't keep up with all the influx of people, family, etc to check on me. Plus, it was a great outlet for me. Since then the blog became a book, Seeking Clear Margins. I had a professional photograper document my fight from the day I was diagnosed to present day cancer free!! It's a great pictorial reference for women who were recently diagnosed and their caretakers. I could not find anything like this so I self published my own. For more information, please go to seekingclearmargins.com. I hope your doing well. I just ran the Race for the Cure in Savannah and was surrounded by sisters/survivors, so powerful. Take good care,

Sincerely,

Julie Grimm

April 20, 2009 at 11:33 AM 
Blogger Ann DeMatteo said...

Hi Girls,
Thanks for contacting me. I don't check my blog very often. Ec-Fighter, sure I'd like to write about esophogeal cancer. Please email me at adematteo@nhregister.com.
Ann

April 27, 2009 at 5:59 PM 
Blogger Tina C said...

Hi Ann,

I have been reading your column for awhile and I am inspired by your strength and positive attitude.
Radiation is solitary and tiring both physically and emotionally.
It is hard going every day and I began counting down the days on the first day. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.
I hope all goes well for you. Take care.

April 30, 2009 at 1:21 PM 
Blogger Ann DeMatteo said...

Hi Tina,
I finish with radiation on Thursday. Now my skin is starting to peel and it's painful.
Take care,
Ann

May 5, 2009 at 4:10 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home