Blogs > Ann DeMatteo's Why Us?

Since my breast cancer diagnosis on June 9, 2008, I have spent a fairly decent amount of time wondering "why me?" I would like to hear from you about your cancer stories. Let's create a dialogue of learning, sharing and hope.



Monday, February 2, 2009

Post No. 4

Hi Folks,
I hope that by the time I get to the operating room on Wednesday I will be calm and at peace. I have been very anxious about this surgery, primarily related to how freaked out I was in the recovery room after the last surgery. My surgeon said that I have no reason to worry about anesthesia or other surgery-related issues.
So, I'm going to spend the next 48 hours praying and accepting the prayers that all of you are bestowing on me.
Ann

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Caron said...

Ann, I am thinking of you. I hope all has gone well and you are on the swift way to recovery. You are a strong lady and if anyone can tell this nasty disease to go scratch, it's you.

February 4, 2009 at 11:22 AM 
Blogger EC-fighter said...

Ann,

I wish you the best with your battle with cancer. I also wish that we can get an open forum that is always going about all cancers. awareness is the key. My husband is an Esophageal cancer survivor and only 25% survive this rare cancer. In 2005 only 5% survived. It is a silent killer like Breast cancer and ovarian cancer used to be.

Our story www.caringbridge.org/visit/keithsolsbury

I wish you the best and keep the faith
Maggie

February 5, 2009 at 3:39 PM 
Blogger Ann DeMatteo said...

Hi EC-fighter,
That's exactly what I want to do. Contact me in a few weeks, when I'm back at work full time.

February 8, 2009 at 5:50 PM 
Blogger EC-fighter said...

Ann,

I will contact you in a few weeks and I thank you for acknowledging me. been tryig to get awareness for 2 yrs now. The first few weeks are the hardest just remember each day you will feel a little bit better.

Maggie

February 9, 2009 at 9:04 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home