Blogs > Ann DeMatteo's Why Us?

Since my breast cancer diagnosis on June 9, 2008, I have spent a fairly decent amount of time wondering "why me?" I would like to hear from you about your cancer stories. Let's create a dialogue of learning, sharing and hope.



Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm now an egghead

Hi Folks,
Shaving my head wasn't as traumatic as I expected. Based on all the knowledge I've had from friends who've gone through cancer, and from the kind people who have offered comments and suggestions, I was fully ready for this step.
I got a closely-cropped haircut first, and hair continued to fall out over the weekend. On Monday Aug. 25, I went to Andrea Torre of Hair Replacement Concepts, inside the New Haven Hair & Skin Studio of North Haven, for the shaving. Andrea was very supportive and predicted that I would look beautiful.
At first, I thought I looked more like my brother than ever before, but my Mom says I look just like my Dad, bless his heart.
I love me bald, and am excited to wear all of the colorful turbans and scarves I have purchased. I've also worn my two wigs, but after a while need to take them off.
I'd also like to thank the readers who continue to inundate me with cards, Mass cards and kind words of support and prayer. Please also pray for all of the people who have no where to turn, and all of the people whose conditions are far worse than mine.
Thanks!
Ann

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home